Friday, July 17, 2009

Rotting away in Atlanta

It took the first few days of this trip to realize that I am not a big city person. I fall asleep to sirens and gunshots everynight and its not pleasant. I don't want to be here right now. I didnt sign up for this. Why I even agreed to it is beyond my reach even. You dont realize how much you appreciate home unless you've been in a different place for a while. I discarded everything before coming to this place and i would throw all of it away again just so I can have it back. Just for that brief moment in time when I sweared I was invincible. Now Im confined to city life. The only form of transportation is the Marta, a local train that goes around the downtown area I inhabit. The days go by way to fast for me to keep up and way to slow for me to enjoy. How I long for the boredom that we call Simi Valley. Its stuck up residents, boring atmosphere, and all of my friends and enemies. I don't know when I'll wake up from this dream and come to the realization that I'm actually stuck here for the next 4 weeks. Making the best of it has lost its charm. I just wanna go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment